Retrofinds remembers the Wham Bar!








I loved the Wham bar of the 80's. For two reasons. One they were huge! For 10p you got a huge bar of pink chewy candy with fizzy hard green pieces embeded in the candy. Also they tasted great.

I would always buy a wham bar when I had pocket money. It would keep me quiet for ages. I do remember going to the newsagent opposite my school and carefully choosing a wham bar by feeling the wrappers to see which one felt like it had the most sparkly green bits in it. If it felt smooth it was going back in the pile. If it felt bumpy then it was the one for me.







Wham bar has had a bit of a revival of late (pictured) but they are not as big as they used to be and obviously cost more. Still if you see one in the shop make sure you feel them first before buying.

Comments