Do You Remember The First Time You Watched Avatar/Star Wars?

One of my most vivid childhood memories was in 1977 when I was taken to the cinema by my brother to watch a movie that to be honest I wasn't that much aware of. After all I was five years old at the time. Of course that movie was Star Wars. We queued up for two hours around the cinema willing the queue to move, sometimes it did but only because someone had left or someone had cut in! Eventually that queue did move and we made it inside. Those next couple of hours changed my life forever. An overload on the senses ingrained in my head within two hours or so that would remain for the rest of my life and ultimately influence me and my interests.


Ultimately it changed me into a sci-fi geek, almost assimilating me into its culture. The amazing special effects, the characters and that John Williams soundtrack (which I was asking my brother to hum to me on the way home) took me by surprise and I wanted more. I bought the trading cards, the figures (and still collect them today) the magazines, I wanted it all.

Read the rest of the article here -

http://thebeardedtrio.blogspot.com/2010/01/do-you-remember-first-time-you-watched.html
Tags:

Comments