Scream Comic Issue 1



Scream!
was a British weekly comic with a horror theme, running from March 24, 1984 until30 June 1984. I use to buy this every week without fail. Even my Dad would have a sneaky read.
Free with issue one were glow in the dark Dracula fangs The fictional editor at the time was Ghastly McNasty. The first page was usually the letters page (below.) I use to love the competition to guess what Ghastly looks like. That run throughout the comics short history



15 issues were published before it was cancelled due to the horror content.
Regulars included : -
Dracula Files, Monster, The Thirteenth Floor, Tales from the Grave. Also included were one off stories such as "Terror of the Cats" from the first issue. For a bit of light relieve there was "Fiends and Neighbours"





Inside Back Cover and Back Cover


Great Comic. Definitely worthy of a retro mention. It did continue after its short life in the "Eagle" comic with some of the popular characters appearing.








Comments

  1. I actually remember the glow in the dark dracula teeth and W H Smiths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just put my full set of 15 Screams on Ebay (25th July 2012) including the merged Eagle and Scream editions. Unfortunately I never got issue 128 which was the first. Great artwork and stories. I looked forward to it each week, albeit for a very short time!.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment